Sr. Safety Officer Environmental & Occupational at TTUHSC
Posted: Sep 01, 2017
TTUHSC has an immediate opening for a Sr. Safety Officer that will be working with Environmental Safety and Occupational Safety.
Performs complex safety and health program work. Work involves developing safety policies and procedures; participating in the safety training and education of staff; inspecting work areas and activities for hazards; and investigating accidents. May train others. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Job Function:
- Picks up and transports as necessary, medical, biological, and chemical waste for disposition.
- Assists in maintenance of records for all waste pickups, activities, and disposal of biohazardous & chemical waste.
- Assists in response to environmental protection issues. Provides assistance, supervision, and equipment to check, reduce, or remove hazardous materials or conditions.
- Assists with management of pest control program.
- Assists as necessary, with ergonomic evaluations of office workstations, non-office workstations for clinic and service areas.
- Assists with annual Health and Safety Review scheduling, reports and follow-up.
- Assists with fit testing of respiratory protection as necessary.
- Conducts periodic inspections of facilities (including regional campuses), equipment, processes, and procedures for compliance with environmental protection rules, regulations and policies.
- Assists with safety training programs, including planning, preparation and presentation.
* English is primary language. * Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and effectively present technical data to technical and non-technical personnel. * Ability to receive inquiries / complaints and interpret regulatory guidance to a diverse customer base. * Ability to define problems, collect and interpret data, establish facts, and determine solutions. * Ability to prioritize, manage, and resolve separate tasks and responsibilities independently and in a working group. * Bachelor’s degree in basic sciences or related field with additional coursework in environmental and occupational health and safety.
The pay statement reads, “Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications.” The minimum hire rate is only $2571.92/month with a midpoint of $4487.92/month.
For more information: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/hr/workattexastech/
search: Senior Safety Officer, or call Renee at 806-743-9157